Safe Winter Driving Campaign
Cars on Ice - Media Campaign
In Wisconsin, winter comes on fast and furious. Unfortunately, when this happens many drivers don’t alter their driving habits to accommodate for winter’s hazardous driving conditions.
Check out the CARS ON ICE TV commercial and videos, including an interview with Olympic gold medal winner Casey FitzRandolph, for tips on how to drive safely this winter. Plus, check out the Wisconsin Department of Transportation’s official Safe Winter Driving tips. Driving safely in snow and ice is another way we can all work together to achieve zero deaths on Wisconsin’s roadways.
Safe Winter Driving Tips
- Clear snow and ice from all windows and lights.
- Pay attention.
- Leave plenty of room for stopping.
- Leave room for maintenance vehicles and plows.
- Know the current road conditions.
View winter road conditions.
- Use brakes carefully.
- Watch for slippery bridge decks.
- Don't use your cruise control in wintry conditions.
- Don't get overconfident in your 4x4 vehicle.
- Do not pump anti-lock brakes.
- Look farther ahead in traffic than you normally do.
- Remember that trucks are heavier than cars.
- Go slow!